Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Status Check!

So...how am I doing?

Goal 1 is to post once a week. I'm here!

Goal 2 is to make ten sales. It doesn't look like that's going to happen at this month...I haven't had a single one! There's still time, and I have heard that it gets slow in the summertime. I'm working on building up my inventory in the mean time, though, and other "business" pursuits.

Goal 3 is to have one store willing to take my goods on consignment. I've emailed three stores at this point. One of the stores, a local store, told me that they weren't accepting mosaic artists at this point, but that they would keep me in mind. Of the two other stores, one is solely online, and another is located in Boston. I haven't heard from either of those yet. I did develop a brochure that detials my lines a bit better:

  • Leaded Suncatchers

  • Earring Holders

  • Stained Glass Letters

  • Mosaic Letters

  • Glass Embedded Resin Pendants

  • Dye Embedded Resin Pendants

  • Stacked Gems Stained Glass Pendants

  • Stick Stained Glass Pendants

  • Stained Glass Tile Earrings


I'd like to add a candle holder line and a memo holder line as well, and then of course there's my OOAK (one of a kind) artwork that I need to get into galleries!

Also, I explored some advertising options over the weekend. I decided to go with Project Wonderful, and I've already placed one ad. This campaign is pretty cool - you bid on different advertising spots, and they place your ad whenever you are the highest bidder. You can set spending caps, too, so you don't exceed your budget. My ad now is pretty basic - I need to figure out how to make animated GIFs, because some folks have those done very well, basically as a slideshow that showcases each individual type of work.

There's one more thing I wanted to mention - I'm trying to think out whether it's best to describe my work in terms of medium - like glass, mosaic, and resin - or in terms of use - home decor and jewelry. I'm still going back and forth on this, but I probably ought to decide something soon!

No comments: